MV Loch Seaforth
This magnificent ferry that’s goes to Stornoway twice a day is practically on the doorsteps of The Seaforth. Built for the crossing between Ullapool and Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis, MV Loch Seaforth, Loch Siophort in Gaelic, is designed to be a greener, quieter ferry.
She's not the first vessel to take that name - the original MV Loch Seaforth linked Stornoway with Mallaig and Kyle of Lochalsh from 1947 until 1972. The new vessel was christened in 2014 by Joan Murray, daughter of the late Captain John Smith of the original MV Loch Seaforth.